Skip to main content

Some insurance companies will not pay out on policies until the policy owner signs the claim form.

This could mean that I am unable to lodge a claim on your policy if you or any party to the policy cannot sign the claim documentation.

So in a worst case scenario if you ended up being physically unable to sign the claim form (such as after a severe stroke or being in a coma) I would not be able to lodge the claim unless an arrangement that allows someone to sign on your behalf is in place.  If you don’t have an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) in place, the courts will need to appoint one – which is as expensive as it sounds.  If you do have an EPA, then your Attorney could sign on your behalf.

As a best practice we are recommending that all holders of health, income, and trauma insurance policies have an Enduring Power of Attorney in place.

Our partners Perpetual Guardian are offering our clients EPAs for a very reasonable price of $150.00 (inc GST) per document.

Please take a minute to view the attached video clip – it will help to explain things.

If you would like me to get an EPA underway for you please contact me

What is an EPA and how does it help?